- Do I need to set up an account to place an order?
- You do need to create an account to place an order. Orders can be placed by clicking on your chosen item and then submitting your billing and payment details. However, we recommend that you set up an account and register first as this allows you to manage your orders and it makes shopping and re-ordering simple. An account also allows you to build your own personal wish list and review your order history. You can also opt to be added to our mailing list to receive updates on new styles, sales and promotions.
- Can I still order an item if it is out of stock?
- You should not be able to order an item that is out of stock. In the highly unusual event that an item becomes unavailable after you have placed your order, our customer services team will contact you. Unfortunately if your order is for multiple items and one item is out of stock your entire order may be cancelled. Again, our customer service team will let you know if we need to cancel any orders.
- How do I ensure that I have purchased a genuine garment?
- We are passionate about our brand and want to ensure that you purchase the genuine article. All items sold at www.lyleandscott.com are genuine garments. Check our brand protection policy page for more information.
- What are your office hours and when can I expect a reply to my email query?
- Our Ecommerce Customer Service team is based in London and Scotland. Our office hours are 8.30am-5pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am-4pm Friday*. Once you have submitted a question via our contact us address we will endeavour to answer your query as quickly as possible. Please note our offices are closed over the weekend. *Excluding Bank Holidays. UK GMT time.
- What payment methods can I use online?
- Lyle & Scott accept Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Delta, Solo and Maestro credit and debit cards. You can also purchase goods using a Lyle & Scott gift voucher.
- Will I be charged VAT?
- VAT is included in the price of all our garments.
- Can store credit notes be used online?
- No, a store credit note can only be redeemed at the Lyle & Scott Covent Garden store or relevant retailer.
- Can I use my gift voucher in the Lyle & Scott Covent Garden store?
- No. Our gift vouchers feature a unique code that can only be redeemed online at www.lyleandscott.com.
- How do I find out the value left on a gift voucher?
- You need to login or register if you do not have an account with us. From here you can go to ‘my account’ and then click ‘gift vouchers’. Enter your voucher code and it will show you the value left on the voucher.
- What countries do you deliver to?
- We deliver to most international destinations, for a full list please see our Delivery information.
- How long does delivery take?
We aim to deliver in the UK within two working days. Therefore, if you place your order on a Monday, your order will arrive on Wednesday. Orders placed over the weekend (including Friday) will be delivered on the following Tuesday. Deliveries to more remote locations may take slightly longer to arrive. All deliveries will require a signature. Please allow extra time for delivery during Bank or Public Holiday periods. For full global delivery details click here.We aim to deliver to the following areas in the timescale outlined below.
- GREAT BRITAIN (2-3 working days after receipt of order)
- EUROPE (3-4 working days after receipt of order)
- USA/CANADA (3 working days after receipt of order)
- ELSEWHERE (3-5 working days after receipt of order)
We use a secure carrier and please be advised that a signature will be required at the point of delivery.
- Is a signature required for my parcel upon delivery?
- Yes, a signature is required as proof of delivery for all orders. When an order cannot be delivered, the parcel will be sent back to your local carrier centre and you will be left a card detailing how to arrange a re-delivery or local pick up. If the carrier does not hear from you or ourselves for around 5 days after a card has been left, they will return the package to us. Please note, if your parcel is damaged upon arrival then we recommend you refuse delivery and contact us as soon as possible.
- I have not yet received my order, who should I contact?
- If you believe your order is delayed or late arriving please contact us. Remember to quote your Order ID and our team will investigate and get back to you as quickly as possible with an update.
- Is the delivery cost per item or per order?
- Our delivery costs are per order, not per item.
- Do you deliver to P.O. Boxes or Aramex?
- Unfortunately we do not deliver to P.O. Boxes or Aramex addresses due to security reasons.
- Do you deliver to BFPO addresses?
- We do deliver to BFPO addresses within two working days, however onward shipment is under the control of the BFPO mailing system.
- Can I use an alternative delivery address when placing an order online?
- Yes, alternative delivery addresses can be added to your account online. A signature is required upon delivery therefore if you do not think anyone will be at home between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday you may need to use an alternative address for delivery.
- How much import duty and tax will I have to pay?
- Please note that recipients outside the EU will be responsible for any IMPORT DUTIES, CLEARANCE FEES and any other additional charges. We operate on a DDU (Delivered Duty Unpaid) basis; this is managed by our carriers on a ‘pay on delivery’ basis. Sometimes goods may be subject to delays, due to customs or weather. The customer is also responsible for providing any information required by customs to ensure the goods are cleared. Please note that we are unable to refund any duty paid on items returned to us that are faulty or unsuitable. For full details please refer to our customs information.
- What if my delivery is incorrect or missing an item?
- In the event of an item being incorrect or missing from your order please contact us.
- What if there is a fault with an item I have purchased from your website?
- The quality of our garments is very high, however if you do find a fault with one of our items please contact us immediately and we will help to resolve the matter.
- What is the process if I want a refund?
Should you want a refund, complete the returns form you receive with your item and return it to Lyle & Scott using the pre-printed postage label within 21 days. The cost to return items to us is incurred by you.
We highly recommend obtaining a Proof of Postage Certificate which also proves the goods were sent back to us. If possible you may wish to use a secure postal service or postage insurance when posting the goods back to us as you are responsible for the goods until we have received them back.
Refunds will be made to the card used for the original transaction. After a refund has been processed by Lyle & Scott an email notification will be sent, however, the funds can take a further 2-5 working days to appear on your statement. (Please note that refund times are dictated by the card issuers and are outside our control). If you wish to return a garment purchased with a gift voucher, return it in the usual way and you will receive a new voucher code.
For full details please refer to our returns information.
- How do I exchange an item I have bought online for the same value in a different size, colour or style?
- You can exchange your original purchase for an item of the same value, in a different style, colour or size within 21 days by sending it back to us via the returns form. Clearly state on your paperwork what style, colour or size you would like to exchange it for and we will deliver this to you free of charge.
- Can I exchange an item for a higher or lower priced item?
- Exchanges are only possible for items of the same value. If you would like an item of higher or lower value then it is best to return the unwanted item to us using the returns form requesting a refund. You can then place a new order online for the required item.
- I think my item is faulty, what should I do?
Please return faulty garment to us at the address below:LYLE AND SCOTT LTD RETURNS DEPARTMENT LIDDESDALE ROAD HAWICK TD9 0ER United Kingdom
The cost for returning items to us is incurred by you; however, if we find your item to be faulty we will refund this postage cost. Please make it clear on the returns form if you would like a refund or exchange. If you request an exchange the replacement will be sent to you free of charge.
You will be informed by Lyle and Scott when your item arrives with us. In the event of our Returns Coordinator finding your item without a manufacturing fault we shall send it back to you free of charge.
- I could not find a returns form in my package, what should I do and where should I send my unwanted item/s?
You can download a returns note here by clicking on this link - returns form. If you are not able to print then all we need from you is a short note explaining if you would like a refund or exchange. You will need to pay to return the goods to us. Exchanged orders will be sent back to you free of charge. Remember to include your order ID, full name and a contact telephone number/email address in case a member of our Customer Service team needs to contact you. You can return garments using the pre-printed label and via the Post Office, please send to:LYLE AND SCOTT LTD RETURNS DEPARTMENT LIDDESDALE ROAD HAWICK TD9 0ER United Kingdom
NB. For Non-EU returns, please ensure you label the package as ‘unwanted- return to origin’ for custom purposes. Should you fail to do this we may be charged import duty by customs. If this occurs we shall charge this back to you at the time of refund/exchange.
- Can I return online goods to the Lyle & Scott store?
- No you can't. Online orders can be returned or exchanged within 21 days of receiving your goods using the process listed in our returns information. Please read our returns information for full details.
- Does the sizing vary from range to range?
- Yes. Each of our 4 ranges has its own unique size guide to help you choose the best fit. This can be found by clicking 'Size Guide' next to each product. We also have a care guide to help maintain the quality of your garment.
- How can I retrieve my forgotten password?
- If you have forgotten your password, click Login/Join then Forgotten your Password and enter your email address. We will automatically send you a new password to your registered email address which can be changed to one that you will remember.
- How secure is your online payment process?
- Our check-out system is extremely secure. Card details are not stored and we also run checks on your billing address to make sure the cardholder address matches the one you are using to make a purchase. For dual protection, a personalised security code verified by MasterCard SecureCode or Verified by Visa is required by some card issuers when you shop online. To set up an account contact your bank or card issuer and they will register your card.
- Is my personal information kept private?
- How do I sign up for the mailing list subscription?
- In order to be kept up to date with Lyle and Scott collections, promotions and activity you can sign up to receive free newsletters and mailers direct to your email account. Just register by clicking here or open an account online and select Subscriptions to be added to our mailing list. You can also follow us on Facebook, and Twitter.
- How do I unsubscribe from your newsletter?
- If you decide you no longer wish to receive the newsletter sent directly by Lyle and Scott, click here to be removed from our mailing list.
- Can Lyle & Scott be found on social networking sites?
- Very much so. The official Lyle & Scott fan pages can currently be found on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube so, if you've not already done so, sign up and join in.
- I would like to become a stockist
- Please contact us supplying us with your full contact details, a description of your current business and your proposal.
- What should I do if my query is still not answered?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to answer any further questions.