Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Sale and use of this Website
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE CAREFULLY BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER AND RETAIN A COPY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND YOUR ORDER FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
This page states the Terms and Conditions (the "terms") under which you may use the website located at www.lyleandscott.com (the "website") and which govern our supply of goods to you.
Lyle & Scott Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 4111248 whose registered office is at TS2 Pinewood Business Park, Coleshill Road, Birmingham, B37 7HG, England.
Lyle & Scott Limited, referred to as "we", "us" or "our" in these terms, may revise these terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions because they are binding on you. Continued use of the website constitutes your agreement to all such revised terms. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions stated here, do not use the website.
The terms "you", "your", "yourself" and "yours", when used in these terms, includes any user of the website.
Currently orders for goods from this website may only be placed by consumers.
Where you place an order for goods we will send you an email confirming receipt of your order and setting out the details of your order. Your order is an offer to purchase goods and no contract exists between you and us for the sale of any goods until you have received confirmation that your order has been dispatched. Once you receive confirmation that your order has been dispatched, there is a binding legal contract between the parties (the "contract"). Any goods on the same order which are not confirmed as having been dispatched do not form part of that contract.
In using this website and by placing an order, you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into a binding contract and that you are at least 18 years old.
The description and price of the goods you order will be as shown on this website at the time you submit your order. You can correct any errors to your order up to the point at which you click on "Complete Order" on the final page of the ordering process.
Sometimes the product specifications of goods may change, in which case we will offer you a reasonable substitute of the same or better quality at the same price. All sizes and measurements are approximate but we try to ensure that they are as accurate as possible. On the rare occasion that there is an error, we will advise you about it within a reasonable amount of time.
Every effort is made to ensure that colours are accurately represented online in our photography and colour swatches. Colour variation can occasionally occur owing to screen brightness and contrast settings. We accept no liability for variations in colour. This does not affect Your right of cancellation under clause 5 or in respect of returns under clause.
We do not accept liability for any errors and/or omissions contained in our website and reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services at any time and without notice.
Goods are subject to availability. If on receipt of your order the goods are not in stock, we will contact you within a reasonable amount of time and you are free to cancel your order. If you wish to cancel your order we will refund or credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card or other account for those goods. ?There may be restrictions in place from time to time in relation to the number and type of goods that can be purchased and the maximum sum of money which may be spent on any one order. If any restrictions apply you will be notified of these before you submit your order.
Every effort is made to ensure that prices shown on this website are accurate at the time you place your order. If an error is found, we will contact you within a reasonable amount of time and offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling your order with a full refund or credit.
The price of goods shown on this website does not include the cost of delivery.
Deliveries outside the UK may be subject to import duties and taxes that will be charged once the parcel reaches its destination country. These charges must be paid by the recipient of the parcel along with any additional costs for customs clearance. Please see Customs Information . Lyle and Scott will be not responsible for these additional payments.
Details of delivery charges are shown on the payment page when you make an order. Prices and delivery charges include sales tax where applicable. Where appropriate, sales tax is charged at the rate prevailing at the relevant tax point. Sales tax will be shown separately on your statement.
Goods and promotions offered on this website may not necessarily be available in store and vice versa. Offers are only available subject to their specific terms and conditions which will be shown on this website.
Payment for goods and delivery charges can be made by any method shown on the website at the time you place your order.
Credit and debit cards will be authorised against the transaction when you submit your order, however, we will only take payment once your order is ready to be dispatched. We aim to dispatch goods to you within 2 working days of receipt of payment by us.
The goods you order will be delivered to the address you give when you place your order, subject to payment of the relevant delivery charge. If we do not deliver to a particular destination you will be so notified by us before you submit your order or as soon as possible thereafter.
We aim to dispatch all deliveries within 48 hours (Monday - Friday (but excluding bank or public holidays in England, Scotland and Wales)) or as soon as possible thereafter subject to the goods being in stock.
You will need to sign for the goods at the point of delivery.
If there is no one at the address given who can accept delivery of the goods, the postman or courier should notify you of an alternative delivery date, an alternative place to collect the goods, or details of how to arrange an alternative delivery date.
Every effort will be made to deliver the goods as soon as possible after your order has been accepted by us and in any event within 15 days of your order. However, we will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery. We will inform you of any delay as soon as possible.
You have the right to cancel the contract at any time up to the end of fourteen working days after you receive your goods. A working day is any day other than weekends and bank or other public holidays.
To exercise your right of cancellation, you must give written notice to us by hand, post, fax or email, at the address, fax number or email address shown below, giving details of the goods ordered and (where appropriate) their delivery.
If you exercise your right of cancellation after the goods have been delivered, you will be responsible for returning the goods to us at your own cost (unless we delivered the goods in error or if the goods are damaged or defective when delivered). You must take all reasonable care to ensure that the goods are not damaged in the meantime or in transit.
Once you have notified us that you are cancelling the contract, we will refund or credit you within 30 days for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card or other account for those items.
We are unable to amend or cancel customer orders once these are confirmed on the website.
In addition to your rights of cancellation under clause 5 if you wish to obtain a refund, the goods must be returned to the address below within 21 days of your receipt of those goods in the same condition in which they were sent to you and our Returns Policy will apply. You will be liable for paying the postage charge for returning non-faulty items. We recommend obtaining a proof of postage certificate incase of loss and/or using a postal service with insurance or tracking as the goods will remain your responsibility until we confirm receipt of your return. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used to pay for your purchase. If the goods were paid for using a card which has since been cancelled or has expired we will send a cheque to your billing address. The delivery cost you originally paid is non-refundable unless we have sent you an incorrect item. If we are making a refund, we will usually do so as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day on which we received the returned goods in question from you.
If you wish to obtain a refund because of a defect in the goods, you will be refunded in full provided that we are satisfied that the defect is genuine and that we cannot replace the goods within a reasonable period of time. This section 6 does not affect your statutory rights.
Due to hygiene reasons, our underwear is non-returnable except on faulty goods.
You will become the owner of your ordered goods and responsible for risk of loss of or damage to them once they have been signed for.
If you receive any goods from us that are damaged, defective or incorrect you should notify us in writing at the address, fax number or email address shown below. If you return the damaged, defective or incorrect item to us within a reasonable time, we will provide you with a replacement free of charge. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This warranty does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, use other than recommended by us, or failure to follow our instructions.
Cookies cannot be executed as code or used to deliver a virus. Other servers cannot read them and personal information cannot be gathered from them. They are simply an identifier shared between you and us; we do not share them with anyone else.
If you do not want to accept cookies from us, your browser software should allow you to decline to accept cookies. Look, for example, in the Preferences or Internet Options features of your browser to do this. However, you should know that if you disable acceptance of cookies or modify your cookies in any manner, you may not be able to access our website or specific information, materials and/or services available on our website.
For a complete list of our cookies and how we use them please click here.
All content including pictures, designs, logos, photographs, text written and other materials on this website are owned, controlled or licensed to us. They are protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights. Unauthorised use of this content is prohibited.
These terms only cover this website. Any links within this website are for convenience only. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content of websites which are not under our control. You use such other websites at your own risk.
13.1 The terms and this clause 13 do not affect your statutory rights if you are dealing as a consumer when purchasing the goods.
13.2 We shall not be liable to you in contract, tort (including without limitation negligence) and/or breach of statutory duty for any loss of profits, business, goodwill, reputation, revenue or business opportunity whether direct or indirect and for any other indirect or consequential (including economic) loss of any kind which you may suffer by reason of any act, omission, neglect or default (including negligence) in the performance of this contract by us or our agents.
13.3 Nothing in these terms shall operate so as to: exclude either party's non-excludable liability in respect of death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the negligence of its servants or agents; or exclude the application of Section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979; or exclude liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
13.4 We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with the obligations under these terms if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control.
13.5 We do not warrant that the website will operate error-free nor that the website and its server are free of computer viruses. If your use of the website results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, we are not responsible for those costs.
13.6 Save as set out in these terms, we, to the fullest extent permitted by law, exclude all warranties, conditions and implied terms, including the warranty of satisfactory quality, non-infringement of third parties' rights, and the warranty of fitness for particular purpose.
The construction, validity and performance of these terms shall be governed in all respects by the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts and the parties waive any objection to proceedings in such courts on the grounds of venue or on the grounds that proceedings have been brought in an inappropriate forum.
The Website is based in England. Access to the Website and the material it contains may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside England you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
For the avoidance of doubt nothing in these terms shall confer on any third party any benefit or right to enforce any provision of these terms.
The rights and remedies of each party in respect of these terms shall not be diminished, waived or extinguished by the granting of any indulgence, forbearance or extension of time by one party to the other nor by any failure of or delay by a party in ascertaining or exercising any such rights or remedies.
The provisions of these terms are severable and distinct from one another, and, if at any time any of the provisions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality or enforceability of the other provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired.
This website is owned and operated by Lyle & Scott Limited, Liddesdale Road, Hawick, TD9 0ER. Lyle and Scott Ltd. Registered in England No. 4111248.
Registered Office: TS2 Pinewood Business Park, Coleshill Road, Birmingham, B37 7HG.
UK VAT Registration Number GB801497635
Republic of Ireland VAT Registration Number IE3206986EH
Swedish MOMS Registration Number SE502068478201
French TVA Registration Number FR30 797458734
You can contact Us by: Phone:+44 (0)1450 367 150 Please note that calls may be recorded or monitored for training purposes. Fax: 0845 3893228 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the unlikely event that you are unhappy with our goods or with our service to you, please refer complaints to: email@example.com
Take a picture with the Eagle Wings provided at our store, 63 George Street, Edinburgh, EH22JG between 8th June and 17th June. Follow Lyle & Scott (@lyle_and_scott) on Instagram, post the image using the hashtag #lyleandscottedinburgh before 23:59 UK Time on 17th June, the winner will be selected at random and will win merchandise to the retail value of £200.
This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (“Terms & Conditions”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms & Conditions and will be bound by them.
- The Promoter is: Lyle & Scott Ltd. Registered office: TS2 Pinewood Business Park, Coleshill Road, Birmingham, B37 7HG. Head office: Third Floor, Kent House, 14-17 Market Place, London, W1.
- The competition will run from 8:00am UK time on Friday 8th June (the "Opening Date") and 23:59 UK time on 17th June (the "Closing Date") inclusive.
- To enter the competition entrants must have an Instagram account and may enter the competition by: i) follow Lyle & Scott on Instagram [@lyle_and_scott]; ii) upload a photograph of yourself in front of the designated Lyle & Scott Eagle Wings found at our store 63, George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2JG. iii) add the hashtag #lyleandscottedinburgh Entries received before the Opening Date and after the Closing Date will be disqualified. No other methods of entry are accepted. Internet access is required to enter the competition via the internet. No purchase necessary.
- If you enter this competition on Instagram you agree to a complete release of Instagram.
- The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
- The Promoter reserves the right to take down any entry that contains, in the sole opinion of the Promoter: (i) inappropriate, obscene, offensive, or defamatory material; (ii) contains (or appears to contain) material the copyright or trade mark in which is owned by, or likely owned by, a third party; or (iii) which for any reason may infringe or violate the rights of any person or entity. All entrants represent that the photograph submitted is of himself and does not contain: (i) other people who have not consented to being photographed; and/or (ii) any material the copyright or trademark in which is owned by a third party from whom express permission to use such material has not been obtained.
- All competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned. Obscene, illegal or inappropriate material is prohibited.
- 8. You agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make your entry, and any associated materials, available on its website (www.lyleandscott.com) and any other media, including but not limited to social media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition and or the competition prize.
- By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, display, reproduce, copy, adapt, edit, re-format, transmit, broadcast, publish, store, sub-licence or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") in any and all media, including but not limited to in its own website and social media platforms, as they, in their discretion, see fit.
- All entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that their entry and/or acceptance of the prize does not contravene any local laws or regulations in the country in which they are resident. This competition shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally assign to the Promoter with full title guarantee (and by way of present assignment of present and future rights, including but not limited to those under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world) all intellectual property rights in any Submissions and/ or Material throughout the world for the full unexpired period of such rights and all renewals, reversions and extensions of such period as may be provided under any applicable law throughout the world.
- All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoter, the Promoter’s affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions and/or Material to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
- For the avoidance of doubt, by entering this competition all entrants understand and agree that at the sole discretion of the Promoter the Promoter may, but is not obliged to, use any images of the Winner throughout the world in any medium whatsoever, and whether the Company is acting by way of its agents or sub-contractors, and in all and any media, in the Company's printed publications, presentations, promotional materials, in the advertising of the Company's goods or services, in any written communication (including electronic communications), in or on the Company's website any point of sale or packaging materials.
- The Promoter will not accept: a) responsibility for orders that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or b) proof of posting or transmission as proof of entry.
- The competition is only open to those resident in the UK (excluding Northern Ireland), who are aged 18 years or over and cannot be employed by, or related to an employee of, Lyle & Scott ltd. at the date of entry. In submitting your entry, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition and/or receive the prize. The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition.
- Only one (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
- Competition entries cannot be returned.
- There will be one (1) winner (the “Winner”) who will win a Lyle & Scott outfit to the value of £200 which must be claimed by a direct message from the Instagram profile used to participate in the competition no longer than 30 days after the competition closing date.
- The prize is as described above only.
- The Winner will be chosen at random. The Winner will be chosen on 23:59 on Sunday 17th June.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize in the event that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Promoter to be able to select a winner. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of the Winner. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Where the prize requires attendance at a specified venue, the Promoter is not responsible for travel to and/or from the venue or any other expenses. Save as set out herein the Promoter assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any costs, charges or expenses whatsoever in connection with the prize. Any additional terms of entry and/or use specified by the venue will also apply and you agree to be bound by the same without limitation.
- Events may occur that render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and the Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend, suspend or withdraw the prize with or without notice. Lyle & Scott Limited shall not be liable in the event of any prize being lost, damaged or stolen, or in the event of delay or cancellation. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend this competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- There is no cash alternative. The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- The Promoter will contact the Winner as soon as practicable after the Winner has been chosen, and no later than Sunday 24th June by contacting the Winner through direct message on the Instagram account that the Winner used to enter the competition. By entering the competition you agree to being contacted through direct message on Instagram in order for the Promoter to administer the competition.
- The Promoter will not amend any contact information once the entry has been submitted. To request the name and country of the Winner please send a stamped, addressed envelope titled ‘Lyle & Scott Edinburgh’ to the registered office address above and the Promoter.
- The gift is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if the Winner is unable to be contacted or is not available for any reason, or if the prize is unclaimed or declined for any reason by midnight UK time on Sunday 24th June 2018 the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner, who will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner. The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the Winner. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms & Conditions. Any alternative winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
- It is a condition of entry that all entrants agrees to provide their full name and county of residence to the Promoter immediately upon request and all entrants agree for this information to be made publicly available if an entrant wins. If you are the Winner you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce your success and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- The Winner agrees to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as the winner.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the Winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize or in respect of this competition except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude an entrant from receiving the prize.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- By entering the competition, the entrants confirm that they have read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.