Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Sale and use of this Website
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE CAREFULLY BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER AND RETAIN A COPY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND YOUR ORDER FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
This page states the Terms and Conditions (the "terms") under which you may use the website located at www.lyleandscott.com (the "website") and which govern our supply of goods to you.
Lyle & Scott Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 4111248 whose registered office is at TS2 Pinewood Business Park, Coleshill Road, Birmingham, B37 7HG, England.
Lyle & Scott Limited, referred to as "we", "us" or "our" in these terms, may revise these terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions because they are binding on you. Continued use of the website constitutes your agreement to all such revised terms. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions stated here, do not use the website.
The terms "you", "your", "yourself" and "yours", when used in these terms, includes any user of the website.
Currently orders for goods from this website may only be placed by consumers.
Where you place an order for goods we will send you an email confirming receipt of your order and setting out the details of your order. Your order is an offer to purchase goods and no contract exists between you and us for the sale of any goods until you have received confirmation that your order has been dispatched. Once you receive confirmation that your order has been dispatched, there is a binding legal contract between the parties (the "contract"). Any goods on the same order which are not confirmed as having been dispatched do not form part of that contract.
In using this website and by placing an order, you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into a binding contract and that you are at least 18 years old.
The description and price of the goods you order will be as shown on this website at the time you submit your order. You can correct any errors to your order up to the point at which you click on "Complete Order" on the final page of the ordering process.
Sometimes the product specifications of goods may change, in which case we will offer you a reasonable substitute of the same or better quality at the same price. All sizes and measurements are approximate but we try to ensure that they are as accurate as possible. On the rare occasion that there is an error, we will advise you about it within a reasonable amount of time.
Every effort is made to ensure that colours are accurately represented online in our photography and colour swatches. Colour variation can occasionally occur owing to screen brightness and contrast settings. We accept no liability for variations in colour. This does not affect Your right of cancellation under clause 5 or in respect of returns under clause.
We do not accept liability for any errors and/or omissions contained in our website and reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services at any time and without notice.
Goods are subject to availability. If on receipt of your order the goods are not in stock, we will contact you within a reasonable amount of time and you are free to cancel your order. If you wish to cancel your order we will refund or credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card or other account for those goods. ?There may be restrictions in place from time to time in relation to the number and type of goods that can be purchased and the maximum sum of money which may be spent on any one order. If any restrictions apply you will be notified of these before you submit your order.
Every effort is made to ensure that prices shown on this website are accurate at the time you place your order. If an error is found, we will contact you within a reasonable amount of time and offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling your order with a full refund or credit.
The price of goods shown on this website does not include the cost of delivery.
Deliveries outside the UK may be subject to import duties and taxes that will be charged once the parcel reaches its destination country. These charges must be paid by the recipient of the parcel along with any additional costs for customs clearance. Please see Customs Information . Lyle and Scott will be not responsible for these additional payments.
Details of delivery charges are shown on the payment page when you make an order. Prices and delivery charges include sales tax where applicable. Where appropriate, sales tax is charged at the rate prevailing at the relevant tax point. Sales tax will be shown separately on your statement.
Goods and promotions offered on this website may not necessarily be available in store and vice versa. Offers are only available subject to their specific terms and conditions which will be shown on this website.
Payment for goods and delivery charges can be made by any method shown on the website at the time you place your order.
Credit and debit cards will be authorised against the transaction when you submit your order, however, we will only take payment once your order is ready to be dispatched. We aim to dispatch goods to you within 2 working days of receipt of payment by us.
The goods you order will be delivered to the address you give when you place your order, subject to payment of the relevant delivery charge. If we do not deliver to a particular destination you will be so notified by us before you submit your order or as soon as possible thereafter.
We aim to dispatch all deliveries within 48 hours (Monday - Friday (but excluding bank or public holidays in England, Scotland and Wales)) or as soon as possible thereafter subject to the goods being in stock.
You will need to sign for the goods at the point of delivery.
If there is no one at the address given who can accept delivery of the goods, the postman or courier should notify you of an alternative delivery date, an alternative place to collect the goods, or details of how to arrange an alternative delivery date.
Every effort will be made to deliver the goods as soon as possible after your order has been accepted by us and in any event within 15 days of your order. However, we will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery. We will inform you of any delay as soon as possible.
You have the right to cancel the contract at any time up to the end of fourteen working days after you receive your goods. A working day is any day other than weekends and bank or other public holidays.
To exercise your right of cancellation, you must give written notice to us by hand, post, fax or email, at the address, fax number or email address shown below, giving details of the goods ordered and (where appropriate) their delivery.
If you exercise your right of cancellation after the goods have been delivered, you will be responsible for returning the goods to us at your own cost (unless we delivered the goods in error or if the goods are damaged or defective when delivered). You must take all reasonable care to ensure that the goods are not damaged in the meantime or in transit.
Once you have notified us that you are cancelling the contract, we will refund or credit you within 30 days for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card or other account for those items.
We are unable to amend or cancel customer orders once these are confirmed on the website.
In addition to your rights of cancellation under clause 5 if you wish to obtain a refund, the goods must be returned to the address below within 21 days of your receipt of those goods in the same condition in which they were sent to you and our Returns Policy will apply. You will be liable for paying the postage charge for returning non-faulty items. We recommend obtaining a proof of postage certificate incase of loss and/or using a postal service with insurance or tracking as the goods will remain your responsibility until we confirm receipt of your return. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used to pay for your purchase. If the goods were paid for using a card which has since been cancelled or has expired we will send a cheque to your billing address. The delivery cost you originally paid is non-refundable unless we have sent you an incorrect item. If we are making a refund, we will usually do so as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day on which we received the returned goods in question from you.
If you wish to obtain a refund because of a defect in the goods, you will be refunded in full provided that we are satisfied that the defect is genuine and that we cannot replace the goods within a reasonable period of time. This section 6 does not affect your statutory rights.
Due to hygiene reasons, our underwear is non-returnable except on faulty goods.
You will become the owner of your ordered goods and responsible for risk of loss of or damage to them once they have been signed for.
If you receive any goods from us that are damaged, defective or incorrect you should notify us in writing at the address, fax number or email address shown below. If you return the damaged, defective or incorrect item to us within a reasonable time, we will provide you with a replacement free of charge. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This warranty does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, use other than recommended by us, or failure to follow our instructions.
Cookies cannot be executed as code or used to deliver a virus. Other servers cannot read them and personal information cannot be gathered from them. They are simply an identifier shared between you and us; we do not share them with anyone else.
If you do not want to accept cookies from us, your browser software should allow you to decline to accept cookies. Look, for example, in the Preferences or Internet Options features of your browser to do this. However, you should know that if you disable acceptance of cookies or modify your cookies in any manner, you may not be able to access our website or specific information, materials and/or services available on our website.
For a complete list of our cookies and how we use them please click here.
All content including pictures, designs, logos, photographs, text written and other materials on this website are owned, controlled or licensed to us. They are protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights. Unauthorised use of this content is prohibited.
These terms only cover this website. Any links within this website are for convenience only. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content of websites which are not under our control. You use such other websites at your own risk.
13.1 The terms and this clause 13 do not affect your statutory rights if you are dealing as a consumer when purchasing the goods.
13.2 We shall not be liable to you in contract, tort (including without limitation negligence) and/or breach of statutory duty for any loss of profits, business, goodwill, reputation, revenue or business opportunity whether direct or indirect and for any other indirect or consequential (including economic) loss of any kind which you may suffer by reason of any act, omission, neglect or default (including negligence) in the performance of this contract by us or our agents.
13.3 Nothing in these terms shall operate so as to: exclude either party's non-excludable liability in respect of death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the negligence of its servants or agents; or exclude the application of Section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979; or exclude liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
13.4 We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with the obligations under these terms if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control.
13.5 We do not warrant that the website will operate error-free nor that the website and its server are free of computer viruses. If your use of the website results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, we are not responsible for those costs.
13.6 Save as set out in these terms, we, to the fullest extent permitted by law, exclude all warranties, conditions and implied terms, including the warranty of satisfactory quality, non-infringement of third parties' rights, and the warranty of fitness for particular purpose.
The construction, validity and performance of these terms shall be governed in all respects by the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts and the parties waive any objection to proceedings in such courts on the grounds of venue or on the grounds that proceedings have been brought in an inappropriate forum.
The Website is based in England. Access to the Website and the material it contains may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside England you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
For the avoidance of doubt nothing in these terms shall confer on any third party any benefit or right to enforce any provision of these terms.
The rights and remedies of each party in respect of these terms shall not be diminished, waived or extinguished by the granting of any indulgence, forbearance or extension of time by one party to the other nor by any failure of or delay by a party in ascertaining or exercising any such rights or remedies.
The provisions of these terms are severable and distinct from one another, and, if at any time any of the provisions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality or enforceability of the other provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired.
This website is owned and operated by Lyle & Scott Limited, Liddesdale Road, Hawick, TD9 0ER. Lyle and Scott Ltd. Registered in England No. 4111248.
Registered Office: TS2 Pinewood Business Park, Coleshill Road, Birmingham, B37 7HG.
UK VAT Registration Number GB801497635
Republic of Ireland VAT Registration Number IE3206986EH
Swedish MOMS Registration Number SE502068478201
French TVA Registration Number FR30 797458734
Netherlands Btw-nr. NL825607085B01
German USt-IdNr. 25/246/31405
Italian IVA Registration Number IT 00185549995
You can contact Us by: Phone:+44 (0)1450 367 150 Please note that calls may be recorded or monitored for training purposes. Fax: 0845 3893228 e-mail: email@example.com
In the unlikely event that you are unhappy with our goods or with our service to you, please refer complaints to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Promoter is: Lyle & Scott Limited Registered Office: TS2 Pinewood Business Park, Coleshill Road, Birmingham, B37 7HG. Head Office: Third Floor, Kent House, 14-17 Market Place, London, W1
- In addition to the Promoter’s Terms and Conditions of sale which can be found at https://www.lyleandscott.com/terms-conditions/terms.html the following Terms and Conditions apply to promotions.
- At times the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, offer a promotional code for use as part of a purchase made at www.lyleandscott.com, unless otherwise stated. Such promotional codes are only valid for use at www.lyleandscott.com and cannot be used in shops or for telephone orders. Internet access is required to place your online order. Items must be purchased in one transaction unless otherwise stated. The promotional code can only be used once per order. [The promotional code can only be used once [per customer]]. [The promotional code cannot be used in conjunction with other offers.]
- The promotional code is to be entered at checkout and remains subject to the order being accepted by the Promoter. [The promotional code is valid for a period of 28 days from the date of the Promoter sending the same.] or [The promotional code is for the duration of the promotion only]. No cash alternative will be offered, and the promotional code is non-transferable and not for re-sale.
- For the avoidance of doubt any online order that is accepted by the Promoter will remain subject to the Promoter’s Standard Terms & Conditions , including delivery, unless otherwise stated.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, hold void, vary, amend, suspend, cancel or withdraw the award of, or use of the promotional code or the relevant promotion when, at the sole discretion of the Promoter, it is necessary to do so.
- The promotional code promotion is open to all residents in the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) only.
- Any refunds will take into account the discount
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances whatsoever be responsible or liable to compensate the customer or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of the promotional code promotion except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The promotional code promotion and any dispute or claim relating to it and the applicable terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- By taking advantage of the promotional code promotion you accept and agree to these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions apply to all online promotional code promotions.
The Hunt – find, click and claim a hidden egg on the Lyle & Scott Website and win a discount code to the value of £250.00 of Lyle & Scott products.
- The Promoter is: Lyle & Scott Limited Registered Office: TS2 Pinewood Business Park, Coleshill Road, Birmingham, B37 7HG. Head Office: Third Floor, Kent House, 14-17 Market Place, London, W1
- In order to be eligible for this promotion, be the first to find, click and claim one of 65 Easter Eggs that will be hidden on the Lyle & Scott Website, www.lyleandscott.com (the “Website”) between 9am (GMT) on Friday 19th April 2019 (the “Commencement Date”) and Midnight (GMT) on Monday 22nd April 2019 (the “End Date”) , the duration of the promotion described herein as the “Easter Weekend”. A total of 65 eggs will be hidden over the Easter Weekend. Be the first to find and click on a hidden egg. You will then receive an on-screen notification requesting your name and email address. DO NOT CLOSE THE ON-SCREEN NOTIFICATION AS IF YOU DO YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CLAIM YOUR HIDDEN EGG. IF THE ON-SCREEN NOTIFICATION IS CLOSED THE EGG WILL BE RELEASED AND WILL ONCE MORE BE ELIGIBLE TO BE FOUND. Once you have submitted your email address you will receive an email, sent to that email address, containing a code. Insert the code in the on-screen notification request and submit. A winner will then receive a confirmation of success email, sent to the email address provided at the time of entry (costs to enter this promotion via the internet may vary, please check with your service provider for current charges). Once an egg has been successfully claimed, it will be marked as found on the website.
- A successful participant must provide the following information: your name, email address, address (including postcode). Complete the on-screen notification request with this information. The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. The Promoter will not amend any contact information once the information has been submitted.
- Entries which are incomplete, misspelt, inaudible, or incomprehensible are void and will not be entered into this promotion. Only those entries accepted by the Promoter will be eligible for this promotion and only those entries validly submitted in accordance with any Promoter requirements will be eligible for this promotion.
- The Promoter will not accept: responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the promotion.
- Only one winner per hidden egg. There will be 65 eggs hidden on the Website over the Easter Weekend. A participant may only find and claim one hidden egg, a successful participant will not therefore be eligible to win more than once. No additional costs will be incurred by the entrant in relation to the prize promotion, including any cost for packing, packaging, handling or administration in respect of the prize promotion or, if successful, the prize. Unqualified claims will be disregarded. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- You acknowledge that you may be required to be used in publicity. If you are selected as a winner, you agree that your first name may be used to announce during the course of the promotion that eggs have been found by successful participants and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- If you are a winner, you agree that the Promoter may use your surname, and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- If you do not want your surname and town or county included on the list of winners referred to above, you must notify the promoter a reasonable period of time before the Closing Date of the promotion
- The prize: A discount code to the value of £250.00 for Lyle & Scott Apparel. The discount code is for use on the Website only and cannot be used in shops or for telephone orders. Internet access is required to place your online order. Items must be purchased in one transaction. The discount code can only be used once. The discount code cannot be used in conjunction with other offers. The discount code is valid for 6 months from the date of the Promoter sending the code. The discount code will be sent by the Promoter to the email address provided by the winner at the time of entry.
The discount code is to be entered at checkout and remains subject to the order being accepted by the Promoter. All apparel selected by the winner is subject to acceptance by the Promoter and subject at all times to availability, while stocks last. There is no cash alternative. You agree to comply with and be bound by any further restrictions or terms and conditions imposed by the Promoter. For the avoidance of doubt any online order that is accepted by the Promoter will remain subject to the Promoter’s Standard Terms & Conditions, including delivery, unless otherwise stated. Any refunds will take into account the discount i.e. you will not receive a refund for the value of the applicable discount code.
- The prize is non-transferable, not for re-sale and excludes any additional costs and expenses. The winner is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in description of the prize above.
- Employees of the Promoter are ineligible to enter this promotion.
- Events may occur that render the awarding of this prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and the Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, hold void, vary, amend, suspend, cancel or withdraw the prize with or without notice. Lyle & Scott Limited shall not be liable in the event of any prizes being lost, damaged or stolen. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, vary, amend, suspend, cancel, or withdraw the prize promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- The prize promotion is open to all residents in the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) only. In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the promotion. The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize draw.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of the promotion or taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The name and county of the winner(s) can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to The Hunt Easter Promotion, Lyle & Scott Limited, 14-17 Market Place, London, W1W 8AJ.
- By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the prize promotion entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the prize promotion.
- The prize promotion and any dispute or claim relating to it, or the applicable terms and conditions, shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- By taking advantage of the prize promotion you accept and agree to these terms and conditions.